Scientific name:Atyoida pilipes NEWPORT 1847
Origin:Philipines, Indonesia, New Guinea
Size:5 to 7 cm or 2 to 2.7 inch
Water temperature:24 - 28 °C or 73 - 82 °F
Water Parameters:pH 6.0 - 8.0
High or low breeding form:low
Behavior:non-aggressive
Difficulty:easy
Description:The body has green and gold patches. They can turn blueish. A. pilipes looks like bamboo shrimp but is a lot smaller. The size varies from 5 to 7 cm, but very often they reach only 5 to 6 cm. A. pilipes filter the water column with its fans to catch small food and nutriment but when the current is not strong enough, they will not hesitate to use the same fans to grab some food on the ground with no problems.
My experience on this species:I have this species for more than a year now and I maintain a colony in a 30 us gallons tank with C. japonica born at home. The tank is filtered by a sponge filter and I have a little power head to add a bit of current. The tanks have very low vegetation, only some floating plants and some gravel mixed with crush coral. Ph is close to neutral, GH and conductivity is a bit low. Due to the number of eggs and their size I presume they are low breeding form. I already had some berried female, and thousand of larvae in the tank floating like japonica larva, but i never get any survivors, what make me think they do need a stage in salt water to develop. In this tank the A. pilipes show the very funny behavior they have (more often than the A. moluccensis) by grabbing food on the ground like my japonica, it is very funny to watch. This shrimp can walk on the air line tube to step out of the tank, so take care to have the water level lower or a good cover on your tank. I was surprised to see this shrimp eating almost anything my japonica eat.
Remarks:They also need hiding places for molting. It is a very pacific shrimp which should not be kept together with aggressive fish.

Categories:

Source : Shrimp now~

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

小黑屋|手機版|Archiver|酷蝦網(Cool Shrimp Forum)

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 01:18 , Processed in 0.057775 second(s), 16 queries .