查看: 3297|回復: 0

Macrobrachium assamense

[複製鏈接]
發表於 2011-8-1 02:45 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
source from shrimp now~
by Gabs

Published on 18th Aug 2010 09:53 AM

English name: Red Claw shrimp
Scientific name: Macrobrachium assamense (Palaemonidae family)
Origin: Asia
Size male/female: Alpha males can grow over 7cm in length and develop long claws. Females are much smaller reaching 5cm in length and do not develop powerful long claws.
Water temperature: 20°C up to 28°C
Water Parameters: pH 7.0 - 7.5
High or low breeding form: high
Behaviour: agressive
Difficulty: Medium
Description:
Male Macrobrachium assamense vary from yellowish light brown to dark brown. Alpha males are usually the darker specimens. Their claws are much bigger than the felames. The name 'Red claw' is derived from the dark red displayed on the claws and rostrum.
The female are usually light green. Eggs are dark green.
My experience on this species:
Several specimens can be kept together in larger tanks. I'm keeping mine in a 200 litre planted tank. They are good planted tanks inhabitants since they like to be provided with plenty of hiding places. They do not uproot or damage plants.
Macrobrachium assamanense are easy to breed. The female carries the fertilised eggs under her abdomen and between her swimmerets or pleopods for about 40 days. One female can give birth to 20-50 minature shrimps.
Remarks:
Although Macrobrachium shrimps are usually very agressive, these shrimps will tolerate being in small groups if housed in larger tanks. Shouldn't be kept in a community tank with small fish and dwarf shrimps. Excellent scavengers!

Alpha male Macrobrachium assamense in planted tank

Female Macrobrachium assamense

A juvenile male Macrobrachium assamense

Few days old Macrobrachium assamense already displaying red claws

Categories:

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

小黑屋|手機版|Archiver|酷蝦網(Cool Shrimp Forum)

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 00:57 , Processed in 0.057877 second(s), 16 queries .